Transition to High School
Important Information Regarding Year 6 Transition Day and Evening
Thursday 28th June 2018
We are very much looking forward to welcoming your child on our Transition Day.
On Transition Day:
- Your child should wear their normal primary school uniform.
- They should make their way to Kingstone High School using the method they will normally travel by when they start with us in the Autumn term. They can travel to school on the dedicated bus that they will be catching in September. If they do this, the bus driver will be expecting pupils in Primary Uniform on that day and they will not need a bus pass. Payment will be required on the Yeoman’s 449 Service Bus from town, which is currently £1.50 each way (exact change required).
- At 8.50am, your child will be met outside the front of the school by current pupils and members of staff. They will then be taken to the Dining Hall to register.
- Please provide your child with a pencil case and a PE kit and a bottle of water. Any medication they are required to take must be handed in to the school office. If they have a prescribed asthma inhaler, they should keep this in their possession at all times.
- During the day they will attend an assembly, meet their form tutor and tutor group and take part in a variety of different lessons.
- Your child may take the opportunity to purchase food from the canteen during break and lunch times; main meals at lunchtime cost £2.30. Payment is made via thumbprint recognition. Students will be introduced to the biometric system during the morning. Please ensure sufficient funds are available on ParentPay if you wish your child to purchase from the canteen, or they may bring a packed lunch; this can be eaten in the canteen.
- If your child is currently in receipt of a free school meal please inform the school office prior to Transition Day.
- Students will be escorted out to the front of the school at the end of the school day, (3.15pm), where they will meet parents/carers or catch the bus home.
Transition Evening Follows the Transition Day, Commencing at 6pm.
We would like to invite all Year 6 students and their Parents/Carers to an informal evening on Thursday 28th June at 6pm. At the start of the evening, you will be welcomed by the Executive Headteacher, Mr Steven Fisher.
During the evening there will be an opportunity to:
- Meet key staff including your child’s Form Tutor, SENCO and myself, Mrs Darcy, Pastoral Lead for Key Stage 3.
- Collect Pupil and Parent Handbooks and information about uniform, school transport, free school meals, Cashless Catering and ParentPay, locker hire and the Parent Teacher Association (Friends of Kingstone High School).
- You will also be able to speak to prefects and to have a look around the school.
We look forward to welcoming you and your son/daughter to the school on Thursday 28th June 2018 and do hope that you will be able to attend in the evening.