Welcome to Kingstone High School, which together with Kingstone & Thruxton Primary School, forms Kingstone Academy Trust (KAT).
It is our aim to prepare all students who attend this school with the qualifications, confidence and social skills that will allow them to access the career path of their choice.
We want our students to become the best versions of themselves that they can be. We also want them to be happy while they study and in their life once they leave us.
It is our aim that the school be a community of pupils, parents and teachers, working together to achieve a very special and positive experience for all involved. We are ambitious for the students of this school and have deep desire for them to be successful in all that they do throughout their lives. We are an open door school and we very much look forward to getting to know you better in the weeks, months and years to come.
The Kingstone Academy Trust Strategic Statement
The Kingstone Academy Trust Strategic Plan is a five-year plan, from September 2021 until July 2026, reflecting our values and a determination to be the best that we can be. Our Strategic Plan sets out the ongoing priorities for Kingstone Academy Trust and will be important in future decision-making.
In this rapidly changing world, we have identified five key commitments that will support our drive to improve further:
1. To be guided by our values of Kindness, Respect, Perseverance, Honesty, Responsibility and Tolerance to develop schools founded on integrity, co-operation, trust and aspiration; allowing us to mould the citizens and leaders of tomorrow, who will have a diverse global outlook within a local context.
2, To provide the highest quality teaching and learning for all to ensure that all students will make excellent progress irrespective of their needs or starting point.
3. To continually create and embed a curriculum that promotes achievement, engagement and independence, empowering students to make the right decisions based on the knowledge, skills and understanding within a broad, balanced ethical approach.
4. To consistently seek out inspirational partnerships between students, staff and the local, national and international communities This will involve maximising the opportunities that stem from our multi academy trust status, including the development of the Trust further. The Trust must sustain the longer-term strategic needs of the organisation as both a centre of the community and as a business concern.
5. To secure, through first class training and development, outstanding opportunities for students and staff.
6. To provide the infrastructure and capacity to continually upskill our staff, including leading edge IT and learning support to enable excellent progress for all.