Kingstone High School is a safe and caring place of learning, in which all pupils receive an education that develops them to become confident, aspiring individuals and successful, independent learners.
Kingstone High School is dedicated to preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal examined curriculum and ensuring that it promotes and reinforces British values to all its students, so that they can take their place in society as healthy, resilient and responsible citizens, who have respect for themselves, one another and the wider community. We celebrate our students’ achievements and challenge them to aim high and be the best they can in everything they do. We help our students to achieve their potential through working in partnership with parents and carers and other agencies.
Through our form times and mentoring periods we work to:
- encourage co-operation, a sense of responsibility and self-discipline, which will create a sense of respect for people of all backgrounds;
- ensure pupils recognise and uphold British Values and our Kingstone Key Values of Perseverance, Kindness, Respect and Tolerance;
- provide students with knowledge of the community and the nation in which they live, so that they can develop a compassion for and an understanding of community, national and world problems; and
- promote pride in our school
Through excellent teaching and learning we work to:
- raise standards for all learners;
- support all students to acquire knowledge and skills, develop creativity and understand technology;
- contribute to a balanced education, providing a range of opportunities for students;
- promote the pursuit of individual excellence; and
- foster a love of learning.
Through our links with local organisations, employers and the wider community we work to:
- prepare our students for life in a rapidly changing world; and
- develop and maintain active partnerships that strengthen both the 14-19 educational continuum and develop the skills to secure employment opportunities.