At Kingstone Academy Trust our catering is provided by The Iron Rice Bowl catering company, owned and managed by Mrs Myra Thomson. All food is cooked on site in our well-equipped modern canteen. A lunch menu is provided by clicking on the button on the right.
Packed lunches and break time snacks may be brought to school and eaten in the Canteen.
Free School Meals
If you think you are entitled to Free School Meals and have not claimed this benefit, please consider applying. As parents and carers, you benefit from the extra financial support and the school benefits from the additional funding.
Schools will gain an extra finance for students who claim Free School Meals, which we sue to support students in a variety of ways, such as resources, funding for trips and specialist intervention teaching.
If you think you may be eligible for free school meals at any time please let us know, you can obtain a form from school or download one below, which you can fill in and we will apply for you. If you are not sure please fill in a form.
Free School Meals can only be awarded if you or your partner is in receipt of one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, where Working Tax Credit is NOT in payment AND your annual income does not exceed £16,190 (as determined by HM Revenues & Customs)
- Working Tax Credit 'Run On' (A 4 week payment when your employment has ceased or your working hours reduce below 16)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit (With effect 1st April 2018, an earnings threshold of £7,400 is being introduced for all claimants who receive Universal Credit )
Students eligible for free school meals receive a credit to the value of £2.30 on the cashless catering system. Parents may also add additional funds to the child’s account via ParentPay or by giving cash which is added via the revaluation unit. Pupils with Free Meal Entitlements remain anonymous at all times as all account types are accessed in the exact same manner regardless as to whether paid for or not.
Students who received free school meals in their current (Herefordshire) primary schools must complete a new form for Kingstone High School as they are not automatically transferred to us. You only need to fill in one form for all the children you have at a school.
Please download a copy of the Free School Meals Application Form.